It’s not the destination that first springs to mind when planning a trip to Europe but after speaking to my well traveled boyfriend, I decided I wanted to see it for myself.
So I booked a room for 5 days at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel and jump on the big birdie.
When I got there, realized there is a lot more to that place than I expected. It takes 20 minutes to walk from Sheraton Charles Square Hotel to the Old City and it’s like London or Paris, truly a city that rewards those that take the time to walk its streets with so many wonderful sights sounds its impossible to convey in a mere blog. However, a short punch list of “not to miss” when in Prague.
1. Medieval Astronomical Clock – it was first installed in 1410, making it the 3rd oldest astronomical clock in the world and the oldest one still operating. You’ll see this in the Old Town of the city.
2. Church of Our Lady before Tyn – A gothic church and a dominant feature of the Old Town. It has been the main church of this part of the city since the 14th century.
3. Statue of Franz Kafka – 21st century technical marvel of Prague. It is an astounding 11 metre high kinetic artwork with 42 moving panels forming an ever morphing face of the great Czech writer Franz Kafka.
4. Charles Bridge – a historic bridge that crosses the Vltava river.
5. Prague Castle (Castello Di Praga) – is a castle complex dating from the 9th century. It is the official office of the President of the Czech Republic.
6. St. Vitus Cathedral – Roman Catholic metropolitan cathedral in Prague, the seat of the Archbishop of Prague.
7. John Lennon Wall – Once a normal wall, since the 1980s it has been filled with John Lennon-inspired graffiti. Today, the wall represents a symbol of global ideas such as love and peace.
8. Dancing House or Fred and Ginger – a luxury hotel which offers unforgetabble view of Prague.
1. Local beer – I’m not beer drinker but the waiter recommended I try and it was more than really good, so later when I went to the castle, I spotted a local food stall and figured why not try another, took it to go, so then strolling along with a my brew saw a police officer, so quickly asked him if it’s allowed and he said, yes there’s no problem with that.
2. TRDLO – dessert which is delicious and totally addicted. You can choose toppings you want.
3. Pork knuckle – I went to Terasa U Prince hotel. I loved the view up there. Add the fact their food is fantastico and the staff is funny and friendly, it adds up to a winner. They recommended I to try the pork knuckle and it was so wonderful I pass that tip on.
Go to this place for a weekend or a week you will be glad you did.
P.S. You will like the prices here
All the best,